Nooooooooooooooo!!! So, #meandmyhomegirl have been talking about this a lot lately and we’ve come to the conclusion that we definitely suffer from this thing called Middle Child Syndrome! Basically, MCS is characterized by the feeling of being neglected, not fitting in, and having a general negative outlook on life. According to studies conducted by Stanford University, we are the green-eyed, bland, boring little monsters of the group a.k.a le canard boiteux de la famille. Balivernes!
The Power of Middle Children written by Catherine Salmon and Katrin Schuman, tries to rectify these misconceptions about us and show us how to control and exploit the abilities we have developed due to our birth order. We’ve listed a few below we think are most relevant:
- Flexiblity – because we’re sandwiched between the adored eldest and the spoiled youngest, we must fight to get what’s ours. From this comes our open-mindedness and taste for new things. We are original thinkers, artists in our own way, free-spirits of the family.
- Independence – From an early age we are given less attention (the other two hog it all!) and as a result we are very much capable of taking care of ourselves! [Warning: our negotiating skills are mind-blowing]
- Motivation – for the most part, parents have a tendency of putting all the pressure to succeed on the eldest child, leaving the middle enough time to come up with a well-thought out plan for his/her future. Our innovative thinking makes us great team leaders – see Bill Gates, Benjamin Franklin, Dalai Lama.
All Hail the Middle Child !!!
Thank you for all the uncontrollable laughs and the greatest childhood memories.
“Some are born great. Some achieve greatness. Some get it as a graduation gift” – Robin Williams
Une fois n’est pas coutume, it’s a rainy Sunday in our beloved city of Brussels and what better way to spend such a day than a little walk down memory lane…
ps: inspiré du personnage du clip, le mot “Stan” est, aujourd’hui utilisé pour définir un(e) admirateur(trice) un peu trop enthousiaste!!
STAN= stalker + fan
First things first, who would have thought that the names Barack Obama and Iggy Azalea could be used in the same sentence ? Well thanks to the Good people at Baracksdubs, we can now talk about POTUS and the Big Bootied Australian at the Same damn time (Future voice) !
Listen to Mr Obama getting “fancy” mais, ou est Michelle ? FLOTUS, could have had Charli XCX verse…
ps: Steve Irwin “the crocodile hunter” remains our favorite Australian
Pour ceux qui ne le savent pas,
POTUS= President Of The United States
FLOTUS= First Lady Of The United States
Si Rick Ross habitait en Afrique, où être “gros” / “en chair” est signe de richesse, il serait sûrement au même niveau que Kanga Moussa (considéré comme l’un des hommes les plus riches de l’Histoire, voir le plus riche , sa fortune étant estimée à 400 milliards de dollars ou 310 milliards d’euros actuels). Et ce même après avoir perdu 100lbs/45kg (soit, l’équivalent de Miley Cyrus), we can’t deny that Rozay c’est du lourd!
So for those of you who are enjoying the bizarre bipolar weather we’re having today in Brussels and for everyone else out there, I am sharing my personal playlist (of the moment) to help you ease into the start of this new week.
PS: If you’ve been riding in the car with me lately… I’m sure you’ve been subject to endless repeats.
Okay, so just in case this wasn’t already obvious, baby Blue has quite the enviable life and we’re not afraid to admit that we are very much jelly! Quoi de mieux que d’être la progéniture du grand Jigga man et de l’éblouissante Yoncé?? Difficile pour nous, le peuple, de ne pas ressentir une pointe de jalousie face à tant de “fabulousity“. So, in the spirit of full disclosure, here are 10 reasons (in no particular order) why we the green-eyed monster can’t help but rear her “ugly” head out:
• Her parents are Jay-Z and Beyoncé (duh!)
• She’s the youngest person ever credited for being on the Billboard charts for Jay Z’s track Glory – dayum!
• Her exotic jetsetter lifestyle makes our vacations look like a trip to Newark, NJ (not that there’s anything wrong with that – remember that Seinfeld episode?)
• Her wardrobe simply makes us wanna cry we love it so much – EN PLUS de ça, elle va sûrement heriter de la garde robe de B, not to mention her $50K crown!
• That hair is fabulously N.A.PPY (Natural and Happy)!
• She’s been a social media magnet well before her internationally celebrated arrival. Yes people, Blue has even had her own Tumblr longer than she’s been alive!
• Blue. The name alone makes us jealous. People around the world are naming their children after her – talk about trendsetting!
• She was born with legit street cred
• She’ll never, ever hear from Sally Mae : WTF is credit history for anyway?!
• She’ll definitely be the first to find out what really happened that time in the elevator.
Et pour tous les haters out there qui doubtent encore de la puissance de Ms. Blue Ivy (see below)
Blue Ivy riding in the Hamptons in her baby blue vintage Rolls Royce with Beyoncé (driving) and Jay-Z (shotgun)
King James has it all, the awards/honors, a great career thus far, the recognition & a beautiful wife. He has even met President Obama more than twice (he definitely is not the average Joe). Une chose est sure, Lebron n’a pas eu à vendre son âme au diable pour réussir, he just worked hard, year after year after, well until his toes got “djangoed” (1 km à pied, ça use les souliers … 10 km ça doit faire quoi aux pieds alors???) . Guess having jacked up toes is worth 2 Championships, 2 MVP’s and an Olympic Gold Medal.
“By the work one knows the workman.”
Ever wondered what the newspapers would be like on the most insipid day EVER (according to scientists at Cambridge) of the century actually (I tend to exaggerate a little bit… sometimes)? The day nothing happened? Un jour où Bamako célébre ses mariages; la France n’est pas en grève (même les syndicalistes qui sont prêt à tout aren’t ready to face off with aliens); à New York c’est la routine (everyday hustling); des élections insignifiantes en Belgique (case of Déju vu here); en Angleterre un voleur décide de s’emparer d’une coupe en argent d’une valeur de £50 (C’mon Man!!!) … même Israéliens et Palestiniens … nah I won’t go there!!! Bref’, vraiment rien d’important. Ayways, I came across a couple of newspaper front pages of the dullest day. Rien d’impressionant quoi…
Alanis said it best: [it’s like] A traffic jam when you’re already late/
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break/
It’s like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife/
It’s meeting the man of my dreams/
And then meeting his beautiful wife/
And isn’t it ironic…don’t you think/
A little too ironic…” that April 11, 1954 was a SUNDAY
ps: “Bonsoir […] Et il y a rien dans l’actualité” -BBC